Do you believe what we believe?
A foundation for learning and fun
The Pre school activities we provide at Phonics Stars™ is designed to be fun, educational and interactive. We provide regular opportunities for Pre-school Children to develop their confidence and self-esteem, enhance their social skills. They encourage listening and attention, speaking, sharing and turn taking. Above all, Children have fun learning through play. Our Pre school activities build foundations for learning in a safe, happy and stimulating environment, supporting Children with transition and School readiness.
Not everyone believes in the important role phonics plays. Others believe that ‘rising 5’ is too early to start School, let alone start learning-through-play earlier. Everyone has the right to believe different things, but we invite Parents and Carers to join our groups on the basis of our core beliefs. These four simple pointers underpin all that we so and provide the foundations for the classes we provide.
- Learning through play: We believe that early learning through play creates an improved foundation for Pre-school Children to adapt to School life and to go on to achieve the confidence and qualifications required to achieve their potential.
- The English Language: We believe that a fluent grasp of English, the language at the heart of international business, science, technology, sport, politics and media, is an invaluable life-long advantage.
- Collaboration: We believe that as innovation and complex technologies increasingly underpin the economy, encouraging listening and attention, sharing and cooperation from an early age helps to develop collaborative behaviours.
- Supporting parents and carers: We believe that Parents and Carers want to provide their Child with the best start in life. Parents and Carers gain the opportunity to develop their understanding of phonics in a fun, friendly and positive environment and support their Children’s learning and independence.
- Supporting and working with other Early Years Professionals: Phonics Stars™ Class Leaders Love to join forces with Early Years settings! Preschools, Nurseries, Sure Start children’s centres and even some childminders work with us. Both Phonics Stars™ and Early Year Settings thoroughly enjoy working together and learning about teaching methods, techniques and activity ideas that can be continued within their setting. Class leaders visit their settings on a regular basis they have an opportunity to gain observations and work with the class leader, it is all about working together. Class leaders also offer CPD with separate in-house training and events.
Phonics Stars™ focus closely on Phase 1 phonics from Letters and Sounds, the most recent publication from DFE. Sessions are carefully planned around the 7 aspects from phase one.
Classes introduce children to the wonderful world of letters ,sounds and so much more…
Find out more about Phonics Stars working with your setting. Contact Sam@phonicsstars.co.uk, call or send a text to 07852 278 956
Find out more…
For more information about classes in your area click here.
Like to get involved?
For further information on becoming a Licensed Phonics Stars™ Group Leader in your community, click here.